Re: Q: From Header Line

---------

era eriksson (era@iki.fi)
Sun, 31 May 1998 14:19:33 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 30 May 1998 19:10:39 +0200, Micha Matschke
<fp999@fen.baynet.de> wrote:
> PS: Nevertheless if someone knows the answer to the
> "from: header line question" I'd still be
> interested.

Lest you get confused by all the techno-babble your question resulted
in, the simple answer is that your news client basically did the right
thing, and anyhow it shouldn't matter. (Perhaps the instructions
should be changed, though.)

If you really want to know, try sending your FAQ with the other form
of From: field to the FAQ verifier and see if it complains.

There are actually three address formats in common use on the Internet
today; the last of these three is the preferred one: