(no subject)

---------

Bill East (eastb@concentric.net)
Sun, 31 May 1998 04:23:13 GMT

Apologies to all if this is obtrusive.. I tried to reply privately, but didn't
notice address munging until it was too late.

>How do you insert the Approved line in Pine? I use it here on this
>freenet, and I prefer using the Pine newsreader instead of tin. My FAQ
>just got approved, and I've been puzzling this out before the next
>scheduled posting. I'm going to check out the FAQ servers also
>recommended in the list, but if there's an easier way to do it, I'd like
>to know. :-)
>
>Angela

Had to ask, didn't you. Hmnn...

(one short trip to the shell later...)

OK, you need to modify your .pinerc Actually what I've done is copied it to
.pinerc.faq, which I call with "pine -p .pinerc.faq" So when I'm doing normal
mail reading, newsgroup, etc, I don't have the extra gunk.

In the modified rc there's a section that says:
# Add these customized headers (and possible default values) when composing

I've added:
customized-hdrs=URL: http://www.concentric.net/~Eastb/herps/faqindex.html,
Archive-name: pets/herp-faq,
Posting-frequency: monthly,
Followup-to: rec.pets.herp,
Newsgroups: rec.pets.herp news.answers rec.answers

Seems to work pretty well.

Regards,

Bill

--
Bill East                       : http://www.concentric.net/~eastb/
      eastb@concentric.net      : Protect your privacy -

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved