Re: INTERNET.CDROM-[finding-sources] (fwd)

---------

James Kew (j.kew@ic.ac.uk)
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 15:50:03 +0000

At 10:21 AM 3/6/95, tombaker@acs.bu.edu wrote:

>The guy said (admitted) that he is
>doing this for a (meager) living, so it's not surprising that
>he's more professional than casual about it.
>
>By that I mean ... well, look at it. He asks you to respond to
>his email with a registered air mail package, and puts in lots
>of legalese that buries hidden stuff you'd not want to give him
>(like the right to alter the faq - yes that is in there). But he
>also says he'll accept an email back, and provides the
>opportunity to continue talking.

Frankly, I thought it was a little cheeky asking for a response by
air-mail. Hrrumph... you're the one making the profit and I have to fork
out for postage?

However, it's good to be asked about this. It'll be interesting to see how
this develops; I too am unhappy about authorising alterations (other than
stripping the posting/auxiliary headers) but don't have too may problems
with the rest of the request.

Why exactly are we asked for phone/fax numbers and date of birth, btw?

James Kew "What is the heart-life of a colour TV?"
IC, London -- Roger Waters, _Amused to Death_