Re: FAQs and Crossposting

---------

E. Allen Smith (EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU)
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 17:21 EDT

From: clewis@ferret.ocunix.on.ca (Chris Lewis)

>Speaking as one of the people who wrote the stuff you saw in
>news.admin.*, you're right. We'd very much love to see FAQs being able
>to be cross-posted as much as appropriate, but the spam problem is
>becoming so severe, that automated cross-posting limits (as low as _5_
>at some sites) are unfortunately necessary.

Umm... automated crossposting limits _might_ be necessary. But
_rigid_ automated crossposting limits (e.g., including moderated groups)
are not. Given all the work people have done on various cancelbots, one
would think that someone could write patches on the crossposting
limit patches... admittedly, I'm not much of a programmer.
-Allen