Re: FAQ server access stats

---------

Lloyd Wood (wood@email.enst.fr)
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 17:20:37 +0200 (MET DST)

Ed Uthman <uthman@riter.computize.com> writes:
> Hmm. Looks like I'm out in left field again. I sort of enjoy reading
> _Wired_ magazine. I guess if I want to be a legitimate, shirt-sleeves,
> get-your-hands-dirty FAQ maintainer, I need to cancel my subscription.

TOP TEN REASONS WHY PEOPLE DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO WIRED

1. Solly, we no speek Englees.
2. 'Wierd'? What's that?
3. I don't think they accept international subscriptions.
4. It's banned in this country as seditious.
5. Down with American cultural imperialism!
6. Computers? Go away and leave me alone.
7. Oh, the thing for protogeeks who aspire to be geeks.
8. It's deliberately designed to be unreadable.
9. It's old news, and anyway the colours flake off in the bath.
10. The online version at http://www.wired.com/Etext/ is cheaper.
It's also far more readable, even in netscape, apart from the actual
content.

TOP TEN REASONS WHY WIRED DOESN'T CARE

1. You *will* speak American!
2. You are *already* a member of the postliterate generation!
3. You will be assimilated!
4. Your political regime will collapse under pressure from usenet!
5. Your country already depends on American software!
6. Your kind cannot attract mates on IRC and will become extinct!
7. Bill Gates is sexier than you! You suck!
8. You have not won any design awards!
9. You're in denial! We have your subscriber data!
10. Just because we've been hoist by our own flagwaving
information-wants-to-be-free electronic-distribution-waving petard
doesn't mean we're going to tell our buying masses about *that*.

The above top ten lists are Copyright (C) Lloyd Wood, 1995.
Reprint rights negotiable. Drop dead, Microsoft Network.

> What should I be reading if I want to be a member of the True Faithful? :)

The stuff that comes into news.answers for approval. There's a massive
backlog, and the news.answers team always needs more people who ought to
be committed.

L.

--
Lloyd WOOD, TELECOM Paris TSA, Toulouse, France  +33 62 17 88 52
<wood@email.enst.fr> http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/