Re: PGP Message Signatures on FAQs

---------

Dave Schweisguth (dcs@proton.chem.yale.edu)
Thu, 12 Jan 1995 16:04:49 -0500 (EST)

Andrew Main <zefram@dcs.warwick.ac.uk> wrote:
> Another possibility is to avoid using lines that PGP will escape. It
> won't then be possible to adhere to RFC 1153, but that isn't really
> suited to FAQs anyway.

The last statement is certainly not true, as the existence of any number of
useful and readable FAQs in RFC1153 shows. Personally I find RFC1153 (which
is how Tom Fine HTMLifies our FAQs, and which also serves as a convenient
format for entry headings and date stamps) more useful than any sort of
authentification, and won't bother with the latter until it permits the
former.

Cheers,

--
| Dave Schweisguth    Internet: dcs@proton.chem.yale.edu   MIME spoken here |
| Yale Depts. of MB&B & Chemistry   Phone: 203-432-5208   Fax: 203-432-6144 |